October 27, 2009

Leviticus Lessons: Right on the Edge

Good Evening Family,

I hope that you are having a good day today.  It has definitely been a long one for me, but I'm here and I'm well.  I am sure that you probably can say the same thing.  Here lately, I feel like I have been crossing over into some different areas of my spiritual walk.  I cannot put my finger on yet, but when I do, I'll let you know :-).

It is like I am right on the edge of something big.  I mean I am at a point of my life where I did not see my current state of affairs coming at all.  If you asked me to open up my play book on my life, you would not be able to find this one drawn up in my book!  However, as the quote I recently shared with you goes:  "plans change, but the vision remains the same".

Right now, I am in the book of Leviticus.  I know, I know you might say that is a tough read.  Guess what? For me, the first time around it was.  It was like reading a bunch of laws over and over again.  God said to do this and do that.  It definitely wasn't reading like a story at all and it was easy to lose focus.  This time around though I see something completely different.

Essentially, the book of Leviticus is a "Preist's Manual" or How-to guide on how to perform certain rituals and sacrifice.  In addition, we have to understand the reasoning for things being spelled out they way they have been. The laws “were given as a protective umbrella or foundation for the Israelite people” (see American Bible Society).  It instructed everyone how to live together as neighbours as well as how to love and respect one another.  If you were obedient to God's law and direction then his blessings would flow to you.  If you were disobedient then you would feel his wrath (read Leviticus 26).

Something that seemed so boring before is now bringing a new life and meaning to me and I hope to be able to share it with you as well.  I really felt I was in the doldrums for a while.  I mean really this has been a doozy but I have to keep on pressing.  Many times we are always going through life when we reach the edge of a cliff.  We see the vast distance to cross and get intimidated, so rather than look for a way to get to the other side we turn back.   Many blessings have been missed by not pushing though to find a way to the other side of a situation, however, I do not plan to miss mines. I urge you to keep on pushing through yours as well and when you hit what looks like the edge, don't take no for an answer and continue on you quest.

God has something in store for all of us.  We just need to continue to listen to His voice and follow His instructions. The rest will take care of itself.

Be easy family and have a good one.

~ Antoine E. Hall
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive