May 25, 2010

Fear And Its Place

Good Afternoon family,

I hope that you all are doing well this fine day.  You know something has been really stirring on my brain lately and it has been the topic of "Fear".  Why?  Why in the world would the topic itself be on my brain as something about which I need to write?  It's simple.  We all have to deal with it and so thus here I am.

I know, I know we (Christians) are quick to quote 2 Timothy 1:7 that says "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind".   We are spiritual beings living in a fleshly body, thus fear is something we have to deal with from time to time.  I don't want to sound contradictive so, let me explain a little more.  First lets get a definition.  TheFreeDictionary.com says that fear is "A feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger".  

The BadFear can be a dilating thing and sometimes it is used against us to stop us from prospering in what God would have for us.  If you recall, the devil is out there prowling around like a roaring lion seeking whom He can devour (1 Peter 5:8).  This is where 2 Timothy 1:7 applies and we need to recognize there is a spiritual aspect of fear being pressed against us by the enemy.  We just need to use discernment to know when the devil is coming against us.  So, how does this apply to you in the real world?  I will use myself as an example. 

I use to always say, that I would never move to Milwaukee, WI. I just refused and said it was nothing I wanted to do.  My reasoning was that it was cold here (and it does get cold), but my overall reason was the fear of change from what was my norm.  I will be one to admit that I had that problem.  In the flesh this is what people deal with on a daily basis, but it had a spiritual implication.  Despite all the other things happening in my family, God had a plan for me.  Now, I may have chosen to be disobedient and try to stay in NC where I was not finding a job.  Or, I could have quickly gotten over my fear, walked in faith and trust God.  Needless to say, I trusted in God, conquered that fear, and I have been working since January.  Because I decided to be obedient, another spiritual battle was won for the kingdom.  ....that's another "L" in the devils column in the name of JESUS!!!!  Sorry, got excited. 

If you are ever to the point where you are scared to do something but have no concrete reason as to why, you need to question whether the enemy is trying to paralyze you from something Christ wants you to do.

The Good
OK, so you have to be wondering how fear could be a good thing.  I will tell you how.  I have heard adrenaline junkies say something to the affect that they are still afraid and have fear of what they do.  Fear keeps them on their toes because the moment they become comfortable, they could get killed.  See, in the flesh fear, can also serve as a warning to you.  Remember touching a hot stove once?  You did not do it again and now you know that touching a hot stove will get you burned.  Fear can serve as a mechanism to warn you not to do something in order to keep you safe. 

Have you ever gotten ready to do something you did not have any business doing and you seemed to get a little nervous?  Maybe even a little fearful?  If so, a few things were happening.  The Holy Spirit keeps us and God even watches over us until we can find our way to Him (ie, becoming saved).  I know that He has kept me safe because I could have gone down the wrong path several times.  That thing we call our conscious (I now call it the Holy Spirit) speaks to us to keep us safe and on the right path.

As with many things in life, fear has its place and purpose, but if you find yourself fearful of carrying out the will of the Lord, you are on the wrong side of fear.  Fear the Lord.  Fear His power.  Fear God's warnings.  Take heed to the the "fear" that keeps you safe and in the will of the Lord.  Never fear anything else.

Be blessed folks!

Regards,

Antoine E. Hall

Blog:   http://toinebo.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AntoineHall

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect." - 2 Samuel 22:33


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive